As your real estate professionals, Progressive Real estate Services will be able to show you any home that is available regardless of who is the listing broker. We will be more than happy to accompany you to any open house, new construction or available listing of your choice at a time of your choice, and must do so if we are to be your representative throughout the transaction.
We will save you endless hours of frustration by acting as a clearing house for all available properties in your market area. We’ll provide you with all the latest and possible financial alternatives, information on taxes, insurance, down payment and closing costs.
In addition, we will introduce you to new communities and neighborhoods if you choose, providing information on schools, shopping centers, recreational facilities and houses of worship.
We’ll also provide free, downloadable information for you to keep and use, from firstmnhome.com!
Important Points To Remember:
- Excellent buys are often made on homes that require a little paint and soap. Two identical homes can be priced very differently apart when one needs only a minimal amount of work.
- Work closely with us; we can pre-screen homes that you see advertised and save you endless hours of work.
- Your parents, family or friends can contribute to the purchase of your home by way of a “Gift Note.” Ask for details about this simple procedure.
- Each contract offer that you make on a home must be accompanied by a deposit in the form of cash or check.
- If you are serious about buying a particular home it is important to price your offer correctly. You don’t want to lose the home to a better offer.
- When your contract offer is presented to the seller, they can accept it, or make a counter offer. Only when the seller accepts your offer and you accept theirs do you have a binding contract for sale.
Our Pledge of Quality
We will work for you full-time as your professional sales associate, to help you buy the home of your choice, using our expertise to make buying a home a smooth and pleasant experience. To help you FIND a home, we will:
- Discuss your home requirements, including style, location and price.
- Review specific facts on financial alternatives to determine the price most suited to your financial abilities.
- Provide information on all homes available in the area of your choice.
- Show you the entire area you select, locating schools, shopping areas, recreational facilities and houses of worship.
To help you CHOOSE a home, we will:
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your specific needs.
- Obtain the necessary written information on taxes, local laws and ordinances in your area.
- Give you a complete estimated settlement expense sheet for any home on which you make an offer.
To help you BUY a home, we will:
- Explain all the financing alternatives, to find the lowest cost financing available on the home you choose.
- Handle all the detail work and negotiations, carefully explain all written documents, and give you a copy of everything you sign.
- Accompany you to a financial lender and explain the procedure for a mortgage application.
- Accompany you to the settlement, making sure you understand the entire settlement process.
Working with an agent that represents you has many advantages:
|Services and Duties Provided||Agent Representing You||Agent Representing Seller|
|Arrange property showings||X||X|
|Assist with financing||X||X|
|Provide accurate information||X||X|
|Explain forms and agreements||X||X|
|Monitor escrow and closing||X||X|
|Give you advice and counsel||X|
|Keep your bargaining and financial position confidential||X|
|Promote and protect your best interest||X|
|Negotiate the best price and terms for you||X|
|Point out reasons not to buy||X|
|Pass on information that may enhance your bargaining position||X|
|Assist in writing the offer with your best interest in mind||X|
MINNESOTA LAW REQUIRES that early in any relationship, real estate brokers or salespersons need to discuss with customers what type of representation or relationship they desire.
Before we can represent you the law requires that we enter into such a relationship. Under such a relationship an Agent’s Obligation is to:
- Make reasonable effort to locate property acceptable to the Buyer
- Assist in negotiations for the Purchase of Property
- Assist Buyer throughout the transaction
- Act in the Buyer’s best interest at all times, subject to the terms of Agency representation
The very first document that’s presented to a buyer in any residential 1-4 unit real estate transaction is the agency disclosure:
Our promise to you as our client, starts with and is defined as our Fiduciary Duty.
This could be best described with the acronym pronounced “Elsie Dora” as follows:
L – Loyalty: I will act only in my clients best interest.
C – Confidentiality: I will keep my client’s confidences unless required by law to disclose specific information, ie, material facts.
D – Disclosure: I will disclose to my client all material facts.
O – Obedience: I will carry out all my clients lawful instructions.
R – Reasonable Care: I will use reasonable care in performing my duties as a real estate agent.
A – Accounting: I will account to my client’s for all the client’s money and property received as an agent.
Agency law was enacted to benefit the Buyer.
As our client, you have someone you can trust to look out for your best interest.
We know the real estate market, and the community, and can negotiate a fair price for you.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us. We are looking forward to working with you.
Get in Touch
Progressive Real Estate Services, Inc.
1610 14th St NW, Suite 210
Rochester, MN 55901
Now, get automatic regular e-mails with updates on your favorite searches! We make searching for area real estate easy!
pro•gres•sive: [pruh-gres-iv] (adjective) 1) favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are; 2) making progress toward better conditions; 3) characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement